Dec 10, 2012

Strengthening My Struggle


Strasbourg Declaration

Today [10-12-2012] is International Human Rights Day. I am currently in Strasbourg, France, where the European parliament, Council of Europe, European Court of Human Rights and other important European institutions are based. My foremost purpose in this mission is to attend a “UNITED Study Session Against Racist Propaganda and Hate Speech online”. It is organized by UNITED Against Racism and hosted by the Council of Europe. 


This is a special day in my life for more than one reason. I have an impression that my integration into the life of the European communities is being strengthened through engagement in concerns relating to the protection and promotion of human rights and in building solidarity across the globe.


Even though my genesis in fighting for justice through the protection and promotion of human rights began with the island nation of Sri Lanka, since Spring 2007 I have started to feel the urge to get actively involved in the protection and promotion of human rights throughout the world after an intense engagement with nationals of nearly eighteen countries in Birmingham, UK.


As long as threats prevail against justice and humanity, we cannot envision a peaceful world where we all live with mutual respect, dignity and freedom in harmony. 


Protecting and promoting the rights of asylum seekers, migrants, refugees, particularly, political refugees has become the core of my engagement in Europe.   Therefore, on this remarkable day, I take a crucial internal pledge to fight against racism and integrate this pledge into my ongoing struggle for justice.


To read the previous declarations please click on the below links.

"I Have Only One Objective and No Options" - 2011

" A Voice Of Resistance On Behalf of The Silenced Voices" - 2009



1 comments:

NIRMANUSAN said...

Dear Oyowadya,

Thank you for your solidarity message and encouragement. I appreciate it a lot and sincere regret for my late response.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international voip calls